Indeed, you can eliminate nicotine stains from your teeth. There are various expert and DIY strategies for brightening your teeth. Be that as it may, the item you use is dictated by the state of your teeth and the measure of stain. Following are some approaches to dispose of nicotine stains.
There are various products available in the market to whiten your teeth or to correct discoloration.
- The most common products are teeth whitening strips, bleaches, and gels, readily available in any drug store.
- You can even go to the dentist for bleaching. It is safer than using a beaching product as the dentist knows what exactly your teeth needs.
- You can also go for alternatives like veneers or filling, but that would not whiten your teeth and instead would improve your smile.
If you don’t have the money to buy teeth whitening treatments, you can whiten your teeth with homemade methods. Because these are natural methods, it will take some time to see the effects.
- Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide can be combined to produce a paste. Then brush your teeth with this paste, and after many uses, you can see the results.
- Brush every time after smoking. This would prevent your teeth from staining in the first place.
- Make a habit of rinsing your mouth with hydrogen peroxide. This helps in reducing the yellow nicotine stains from your mouth.
Can Nicotine Do More Harm Than Just Discoloration?
The yellowish stain is just the outer appearance. But it is an indication that you should stop smoking, or it is becoming harmful for your dental health. Nicotine can also affect your gums and can cause infection and swelling.
Additionally, it must not be unknown that smoking or other nicotine products can disrupt your immune system. According to surveys, smokers suffer from more dental diseases than non-smokers, and the recovery rate also slows.
Moreover, you shall be surprised to know that consuming nicotine-based products can cause tooth loss and even oral cancer and eventually cause death. If we keep aside your dental health, for instance, nicotine can be very harmful to your overall health and cause severe heart and lung disease.
Smokers, in particular, should pay closer attention to their dental hygiene. They are more likely to develop gum or tooth disease than non-smokers. As a result, we strongly advise you to discontinue or minimize your use of nicotine-based products. You may protect your teeth from staining and mouth problems by practicing regular dental care and cleanliness.
Do not compare your routine with a non-smoker and make a more routine to ensure no-stain teeth. To know more about how to remove nicotine stains from teeth, consult your dentist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Baking Soda Remove Nicotine Stains?
Yes, baking soda helps in removing stains from your teeth. However, to get the best result, you must use it with hydrogen peroxide by making a paste-like solution. Use this solution 3-4 times a week to attain desirable results.
What Is the Best Toothpaste to Remove Tobacco Stains?
Any toothpaste which contains fluoride can be useful in removing stains. Even so, you must brush your teeth twice a day.
Do Teeth Get Whiter After Quitting Smoking?
Yes, you will notice a difference within a month after stopping smoking. It is not only beneficial to your oral health, but it is also vital for your entire wellness. If you are unable to quit smoking, attempt to limit your consumption to the bare minimum.